TakeFlight Academy Download
TakeFlight Academy is an AI virtual flight instruction platform that runs atop common desktop flight simulators. Please follow the steps below to download and install TakeFlight Academy.
Verify System Requirements
TakeFlight Academy requires one of the following simulators to be installed and configured:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS)
- To use TakeFlight Academy in MSFS, first launch the simulator, then go to Activities > Custom Content.
- X-Plane 11 or X-Plane 12
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D version 4 & 5 (P3D)
- P3D v4 requires a separate purchase of the high-fidelity C172 add-on aircraft from A2A Simulations.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (FSX)
Note: We recommend X-Plane or Prepar3D for training.
Download & Install TakeFlight Academy
- Click here to download the TakeFlight Academy installer.
- Please review the Installation Checklist before installation.
- Further Documentation:
- See the Getting Started Guide for more detailed information.
- The Educator’s Guide is helpful if you are an educator.
Create a TakeFlight Account & Redeem License
- Create a TakeFlight Account:
- Go to https://academy.takeflightinteractive.com
- Create a TakeFlight account and complete the email verification.
- Check junk folder if email not received. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Redeem your License:
- You will receive an email including an individual license code.
- Once received, go to: https://academy.takeflightinteractive.com/account/redeem
- Enter the code you received via email to activate your license.
- When activated, you can launch TakeFlight Academy on the simulator, log-in and fly!