TFI respects the privacy of its users and provides this policy to you that covers the use of your Personal Data by TFI. TFI takes the privacy and confidentiality of your data seriously. However, if you do not agree with the policies as stated here, you must cease use of our services and website immediately.
2. Personal Data
TFI processes the following Personal Data:
Name, Email Address, License Key – This data is collected when you create an account.
Login Timestamp – This data is collected when you sign into your account.
Scenario Scoring Info – This data is collected when you complete a scenario.
Members of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) may be asked to verify their EAA Membership to gain access and discounts to TFI products. In addition to the data above, the EAA membership verification process transmits the following data: mailing address, phone number, EAA member number, EAA member expiration date. TFI does not use or transfer this information for any purpose other than to verify EAA membership.
Other Personal Data
This is data which you provide when corresponding with TFI or its personnel via email, phone, or other methods. This data is stored indefinitely.
3. Use of Personal Data and Legal Bases
TFI processes and uses your Personal Data, unless prohibited by law, for the following:
– To communicate with you about our services, changes to our policies, and your account
– To provide you with the services you have signed up for and that you request
– To offer you customer support
– Other legitimate interests of either you or TFI
– To fulfill legal obligations
The Personal Data is used in accordance with the following Legal Bases.
3.1 Contractual Necessity
By creating an account with TFI, through our website, one of our services, or by any other means, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between TFI and you. Use of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of this contract. This includes using the data for:
– Providing service
– Verifying identity
– Other account services
By performing certain actions through which otherwise there would be no contractual relationship with TFI, you provide consent for TFI to process your data that may be Personal Data. This includes browsing our website or asking for TFI to provide you more information for our products, services, job opportunities, or other requested data.
3.3 Legitimate Interests
Your data may be used in the pursuit of the legitimate interests of either you or TFI that can be reasonably expected within the context of your relationship with TFI. This includes using the data for:
– Analytics and business optimization
– Customer support
– Email, newsletters, or other communications
– Research and development
3.4 Legal Obligation
TFI may process you data due to a legal or regulatory obligation or right. This includes using the data for:
– Court orders
– Legal compliance
– Other legal requests when presented with the proper authorization
4. Accessing Your Personal Data
You may have the right, depending on your local legislation and regulations, to access your Personal Data that we store. If so, you have the right to request the following from TFI:
– Information whether your Personal Data is retained,
– Access to and/or
– Duplicates of the Personal Data retained.
4.1 Right to Access
You may exercise your Right to Access by contacting our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving your request we will respond with an estimated time to fulfill your request and whether any fee is required for providing it to you.
4.2 Remove Your Personal Data
You may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to remove your Personal Data. Please be aware that doing so may limit or prevent us from providing you our services.
5. Use of Service by Children
TFI requires users under the age of 13 to have the consent of a parent or legal guardian prior to using our services and products. If data has unknowingly been collected from a child, their parent or legal guardian may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of their data.
6. Protecting Your Data
TFI protects your Personal Data against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse with the following measures:
– Third Party security software, including virus scanning software and firewalls
– Use of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to verify our identity and encrypt sent data
– Limiting access to the stored Personal Data to authorized personnel only
– Ensuring personnel understand the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information.
7. Policy Updates